March 27, 2013

Jeff's BF5 build

I started building the bike with Franks motor in my head and I knew I had to use a frame that I had been thinking about for awhile. I wanted to build a single downtube frame with all stock dimensions and to look as if Harley made a single down tube Panhead frame. I talked to my good buddy Nick at Wargasser Speedshop about it. Nick offered to let me use his the frame table that he had been building. So I started driving up to Nicks shop every weekend. It was a ton of work and I couldn't have done it without Nicks help and excellent welding skills. I couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

With the frame done I got it up on wheels and started to flush out all my other ideas. I made some riser bottoms to accept Flanders tops. I have my tank mounted with a new tunnel. And part of my fender mounted. It's all moving in the right direction. Still lots to do.















1 comment: