January 12, 2015

BF7 Invited Builder : Nick Zazzi

 Nick Zazzi or Big Nick as most know him by is a first time builder for the BF invite but not the first bike he has built for BF. Last year Nick & Arie ( also BF7 invited builder ) built a tough as nails Shovel that impressed us and everyone else at the show...we asked them to both build bikes for BF7. We simply don't know everyone or see every bike being built & have preached this procedure for years and this is exactly how it should work..they built a cool bike, brought it to the show , everyone loved it and now are building bikes for this year. Nick also represents what we try to do every year and it is no easy task....find new people with the same passion , drive and desire to build but a different style, approach and technique. Nick just checked in with his first build post and he writes:
 Here are some pictures and the idea behind my build. I will be basically doing a mash up of my 1951 Harley-Davidson  Pan/Shovel and my 1954 Pan. I am using a a 51 bottom end with shovel tops, an early 4 speed, 16" wheels front and rear, a peanut tank that I am making split tanks with, 8" apes, also using 39mm tubes & making the trees to hug the front tire as tight as possible. It will all be in a frame (made in-house) that's also a mix of both stock and aftermarket touches. The concept behind build is a twist on my old Pan I built 7 plus years ago and now do it to the best of my abilities today.
 I moved to California almost two years ago after leaving my 9 to 5 of 15 years in New York and taking this on full time. Being able to be part of the show is truly an amazing feeling and accomplishment and to be listed with the group of builders from this year is still somewhat surreal! We welcome Big Nick to Born-Free and can't wait to see his bike at the show.  


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment